Software Engineer I
|Location:||San Mateo, CA|
Software Engineer I
Scale Computing ("Scale") is looking for Software Engineers in our San Mateo office.
About Scale Computing:
Scale Computing is an innovative industry leader with award winning integrated server, storage and virtualization solutions purpose-built specifically for mid-market companies. Scale sells through channel partners such as VARs, System Integrators and managed service providers that specialize in providing solutions to the SMB/SME marketplace. The Scale value proposition is the next generation scale-out compute, storage and virtualization solution at a fraction of the price of traditional "bundled" solutions, with ease of use and ease of application implementation never seen before. Scale is backed by some of the top companies in the Venture Capital community, including Benchmark, Scale Venture Partners, Allos Ventures and others.
We have small engineering and QA teams, so you will have a great opportunity to make an impact on the product, team and company. We're a very interactive group, so you should enjoy collaborative design, development, and testing. Our team is highly motivated and experienced, and we enjoy sharing knowledge and learning from one another.
We use an Agile style development process so our environment is collaborative, interactive, fun and open to improvement. If this environment seems like an opportunity to participate and improve your work experience then we're looking for you.
Scale's engineering philosophy is quality-oriented and emphasizes high standards across the software development lifecycle.
- 0-3 years industry experience
- System design skills with a focus on testability and maintainability
- Understanding of the Linux operating system and toolset
- Strong focus on quality
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming using C++
- Strong understanding of multithreaded programming and threading concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with source code control systems
Other useful skills/experience:
- Understanding of Intel based hardware architecture
- Linux Kernel development experience
- Real world experience designing data structures for efficient concurrent access
- Solid grasp on Windows Active Directory
- Benchmarking and performance tuning
- Clustered file systems
- Apache Thrift
- Open source project contribution
- Linux administration skills
- Windows administration skills
- Windows driver development
- Experience with the KVM stack
- Agile Development
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.